Thursday, November 8, 2007

Enjoying The Quiet

I just love this time of night. Everyone else is in bed and the house is so quiet. I can hear the clock ticking in the living room, the cat snoring on the bed, and I'm smelling the vanilla bean soap I just finished.

It is very cold and very foggy tonight. I walked out on my front porch and it was so much darker than normal. We live right outside of town and you can see the lights of the town from my porch. It is still very dark here at night, but when the fog covers up the town lights it is pitch black. Something about the thick fog even makes the outdoor sounds seem muffled. I'm just glad that I have nice warm house to sit in and don't have to be out driving.

I am off tomorrow! I only work 4 days a week and used to be off on Monday. That got switched last week so this will be my first Friday off. Not sure how I'm going to like it. I always enjoyed Monday off because it was pleasant to know that Sunday was not the last day of my weekend. There's just something about having to get up on Monday morning and go to work! Wish I could sleep in a little later tomorrow but have to get my daughter and my grandson off to school. Maybe after everyone is gone I can have a mid-morning nap?? That would be a lovely treat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a sweet evening you had! I just love the fog, something so magical about it! I can almost smell the vanilla bean soap, yummy!