Friday, November 19, 2010

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is almost here! It is my favorite holiday. I love cooking the meal and just having time to spend with family. Everyone will be at my house this year except for my grandson Justin. We will have lots to eat, play games, and enjoy each other's company. I have put off my grocery shopping so I will have to go on Saturday. I am sure the store will be crowded and the lines will be long. I am praying for a good attitude because patience is not my virtue!

I have so many things to be thankful for this year. God is always so good and so faithful. I am thankful for God's grace and sending His son Jesus to be the Lord and Savior of my life. I don't deserve the grace but He gives it freely to me every day.

I am thankful for my beautiful family, for our nice warm home, for having food to eat every day, and the daily blessings that God provides.

This year I am particularly thankful for Stephany's sobriety. Four months ago our life was in chaos. Day by day everything has gotten better and life is starting to feel normal again. My beautiful daughter is sober, happy, and thankful for her second chance at a wonderful life. God has blessed us in this situation too, and because of what we've gone through, we have the testimony of His love and grace to share with others.

I am thankful for all of you who follow my blog and return again and again to read my ramblings. Thank you for your comments - they are a blessing to me. Thank you for your prayers for our family. I love you and cherish you!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi There, Looks like you have a wonderful family and are a really dedicated mother... Just read about your family struggles with your daughter and drugs. I work with a man, that has a son, that I'm guessing, went to the same rehab in Yakima that your daughter is attending. It apparently is one of the best in the nation, as we are in California. He also keep using drugs while going to outpatient rehab, but after his stay in Yakima, he has now been 6 years clean and sober. Also, he is very involved in helping other young people get clean and sober too. Really, he could be a rehab counselor if he desired. Maybe, your daughter will help others because of what she went through... Just a thought that can maybe bring you comfort and give you something to wonderful to imagine!!! Bright Blessing to you and yours!!!

Uncovered Ruby said...

Kay,
We wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving overflowing with blessings. Praising God for your daughter's sobriety! Lisa ;-)

Julia said...

God is good! So glad Steph is doing well. I'm snowed in up on my hill, hoping the weather changes so I can get down to enjoy Thanksgiving with my family. Blessings to you my friend!