Thursday, January 26, 2012

It Could Be A New Record

I think I have set a new record for being away from my blog - 4 months is a long time!  I am having so much fun being back "home" that I just have let a few things go.

I am settled in my job and finally have my own place to live.  I moved into a small, 2 bedroom duplex the week before Christmas and am now in the process of decorating.  Or, maybe I should say, collecting home furnishings.  Since I don't have a garage most of the painting projects are going to have to wait until Spring.  I will have lots of before and after pictures to share.

When I left Washington, I only packed the necessities and things dear to my heart.  I have had to completely start over with furniture and many things like pots and pans, glasses, towels, washcloths, etc - the daily stuff that we just take for granted.  I am so grateful to my family and friends for their donations to my new home.  My brother and sister-in-law got a new flat screen TV for Christmas and I got their old one and the entertainment center.  My sister took me shopping for things for my living room and bathroom.  My bedroom outfit belonged to the parents of a high school friend.  Other things I have collected from used furniture stores and garage sales.

I love, love, love my new shower curtain.  It is Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic from Target and is pale gray cotton with vertical columns of white roses.  I even got the "bling" rhinestone shower curtain rings and darker gray rugs for the floor.  Now the walls will need to be painted as the tan color really shows a yellow cast next to the gray.

The bedroom outfit I got is mid-century blonde straight from the 50's or 60's.  When I get done with it, it will be a satin black with brushed nickel pulls.  I think it's going to look great with a pink and white rose theme.  I have a gorgeous quilt all picked out and am deciding what I want to do for window coverings - right now I have bath towels nailed up at the windows!

My sister and I have decided to open a booth at a local craft/antique mall.  I will start with my soap and things, she will add furniture that she has collected and wants to get rid of.  I will be on the hunt for things to "pretty up" and hope to be sharing pictures of that too.  It's been a long time since I've redone any furniture and made pretties - I am excited about our new venture.

Life is so good!  I do miss both of the girls and my grandkids, but I am so much happier here.  I truly did not realize how depressed and unhappy I was.  It had been going on for so long that it had become "normal".  It wasn't normal and now I know that.  It feels good to laugh, be happy and have things to look forward to.  God has blessed me beyond measure!!

2 comments:

Cynthia Patterson said...

So glad to hear that you are not only making the best of things, but that you are excelling at life.....

Blessings,
Cindy♥

Darlene said...

You just made my day!