Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Countdown

The shopping is all done -- I finished the last of it yesterday. I made my third (and last) batch of fudge tonight along with about 6 dozen sugar cookies. Tomorrow I will make some toffee bars along with peanut cluster cookies. Then I have to get the Christmas cheese ball done. My kids and grandkids expect that every year! That will be our thing to nibble on while Christmas dinner is cooking. I will wrap my presents tomorrow (yes, I know it's Christmas Eve but I hate wrapping and put it off as long as I can) and then will be ready for the big day.

And tomorrow night, after everyone is in bed, I will play Santa and fill the stockings. All the kids still expect their stocking and look forward to that almost more than the actual presents!

Aunt Jenny shared her Christmas cheese ball recipe on her blog (sound so yummy) so I will share mine here.

(2) 8 ounce pkgs of cream cheese
(2) cups shredded cheddar cheese
(1) pkg onion soup mix
dash of lemon juice
dash of worchestershire sauce

Bring the cream cheese and cheddar cheese to room temp. Add the remaining ingredients. Wash your hands and then dig in and start mixing. Pat into one large ball or several small ones. Serve with crackers. Enjoy!

No comments: