Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Busy Fall Days

Fall will officially be here on Monday and with it comes some rain. It has been hot here the past few days - in the 90's - and I want cooler weather. Next Monday and Tuesday I get my wish because it will be rainy and in the mid 60's. Just the kind of days to nest and get some Fall decorating done. I saw pumpkins at the store on Monday - excitement! Can't wait to get some.

I have been busy making soap and finally got my inventory all caught up plus two Fall scents. Everything had gotten so behind when I was moving around all the over the place this summer. Bazaars will start next month and I'm so looking forward to that. I love doing bazaars. It's not even so much about the money but being in the pleasant atmosphere and seeing the treasures of other artists. Of course, I need to sell something so that I can visit booths and buy from other people!

Thank God for His many blessings this past week. My friend Kim had surgery to remove a cyst from her breast and is doing just fine. My brother's surgery went great and he was home the day after. It amazes me someone can have surgery on their spine and be home the next day! His walking is almost normal and the feeling is starting to come back in his hands. Daily blessings of shelter, food, dear friends, and the basics of life. God is good and life is good!

Stephany is in her 3rd week of high school and doing great. She hates getting up so early but said she truly does love being back in school. She is such a social butterfly and loves being around her friends. Homecoming is 3 weeks away and she was lamenting last night that she has not been asked to the dance yet. I don't think it's so much about the date but about the cute green dress that she saw at the mall!

1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

so happy to hear that Stephany I well and enjoying school. I'd go to the dance without a date for a new dress! LOL

Smiles,
Lea