Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How Cool Is This?

Stephany, my 14 year old, has a constant stream of kids over. They are just so amazed that her mom makes soap, lip balm, and lotion bars. If I'm working on a new recipe then she and her friends get to be my guinea pigs. A couple of weeks ago it was lip balm - I had 6 teenagers sitting in my living room putting lip balm on their lips. They were so funny.

I had given them all a push-up lotion bar a while back when I was experimenting. One of Steph's friends came up to me today and said that she has eczema and dry skin on her arms very badly. She said that she tries to use lotion but it makes her itch. She had started using the lotion bar that I gave her and it completely cleared up her arms!! No more itch! How cool is that? That's what makes all this so satisfying - knowing that someone is helped with a skin problem or finds a bit of pleasure in a bar of soap or a lotion bar! I love what I do!

9 comments:

Sue said...

Hi, Kay!

How cool it is to be able to say, "I love what I do." What a blessing...

Hope you are having a GREAT week!

Renna said...

That is awesome! :-)

mrsmorris said...

Your products are incredible. I wish I could afford to buy everyone a bar of your soap, and one of your lotion bars. You know I have given many as gifts, and everyone raves about the quality, the delicate "just right" scents, and the improvement in their skin.

Mandie said...

How wonderful! I really feel that we would get rid of half of our alergies and junk if we got back to basics and stopped using all of the artificial junk. Good job!!!

Rabbithorns said...

Oh, Kay. That's so wonderful - you get to make great stuff, the kids get to party with it, AND it really helps people. Way cool!

Paula said...

I always knew you would come up with a miracle cure for something, Kay!!
Please remember us little people when you get rich and famous!!LOL

Claudia said...

Wow! What a blessing that is! You've helped someone by doing what you love to do. Can't get better than that! :)

Cynthia Patterson said...

WOW... how awesome is that, how nice to be a blessing to someone.

Huckleberry Arts said...

Oh is that good to know our olsest has it too!

Also was great learning about all your goodies !! Posted here
http://blockheadradio.blogspot.com/

Have a beautiful day!!