Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blessings and Doctors

God blesses in such small, wonderful ways!! When I put the music on my blog I wanted to share three songs that I just love. It's been a while since I listened and I actually had forgotten what the songs were. It's been a hectic afternoon around here and I was feeling a bit frazzled. I sat down to check my email and had the sweetest comment on my blog from Cora saying how she had been listening to the music and it had just refreshed her soul on a day when she needed it. That just blessed me so much and made all the frazzles of the day disappear. I immediately went to my blog and listened to the music. More balm for my soul! Thank you Lord for these blessings today!

I've been to the doctor 4 times in the past two weeks! It started out with a bladder infection which I got medicine for. Then I was having quite a bit of pain in my lower left pelvic area and went back. They couldn't find anything. I finished up the medicine and thought things were going along really well. I've been having some mild discomfort in my back and then yesterday had blood in my urine (sorry to be so graphic). I immediately called the doctor and went out to have an analysis done at the lab. I got another prescription and by the time I got home I was feeling so much better. The blessing is that I have such a wonderful doctor's office. They know that I don't have insurance so they do everything they can to keep the costs down while still giving me the best care. They even gave me the medicine I needed through the office so I wouldn't have to pay a huge amount at the pharmacy.

Today I went for my pap. I was able to get a free pap test and mammogram through the Breast and Cervical Health Program at SW Washington Medical Center. Praise God for that blessing! The doctor that I saw today said she thinks I passed a small kidney stone! Everything else is ok - no lumps in my breasts. I have so many friends that are fighting breast cancer that I could only think of them while I was being examined and be a little frightened. Now I'm waiting for the results from the pap. I've had abnormal ones in the past due to the HPV Virus and I'm praying this one will come back normal. Tomorrow is my mammogram. I will breathe easier when the results from that are back.

That's enough of my whining about my doctor's visits. Have a blessed evening!!! Sending love and hugs!!

3 comments:

jeannie said...

I really enjoy looking at your blog, and hope you are feeling better. You write very well, and it was intersting to read about your doctor being so kind. Have a good Friday!

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

So glad you are feeling better and that your tests are coming out clear and clean! Hope the last of them are good, too!!!! Glad you were able to get the pap test done through that program. It was a Godsend for me, that's for sure! So far, it has paid all my medical bills. Have a great weekend, Kay!
Cora

Claudia said...

One thing I have learned to pray for and be thankful for is good doctors. When we have really good doctors that we can trust, even if something happens, if we know we're in good hands, it's okay. I've learned that over the last year.

*hugs* and here's to good medical reports! :)