Friday, May 11, 2007

Soaping Weekend

I'm getting ready for an Herb Festival that I'm doing next weekend and decided I better get some soap done. I made a batch tonight scented with Green Tea & Willow fragrance. This is the second batch I've done with this scent and I just love it! The soap stays a beautiful white and the smell is heavenly. My whole house smells so good.

Tomorrow I'm going to try another batch of pumice hand soap. This one will be scented with Basil Lime. The last batch I did was a disaster. I added the pumice directly to the soap pot and it would not mix in no matter how much I stirred. When I cut the soap there were big pockets of pumice in the soap. I sent it to work with my husband to give away. This time I'll take out some soap, mix the pumice, then add to the pot.

Sunday will be Blue Bonnet. This is a fragrance I've had for a while and been wanting to use. I'm anxious to see how it turns out. In the middle of all this soapmaking I've also got to get some purses and aprons sewn up. The housework will have to be on the back burner for the next week. Oh well! Soapmaking and sewing are way more fun.

No comments: