Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Hope you all had a very happy Mother's Day! I sure did! Got a $20 gift card for Fred Meyer (our local one stop shopping place) so I can get red geraniums for my front porch. I just dinked around most of the day -- did things I really enjoy. Hung sheets on the line, made some more foot bars, and then sewed up a gardening apron tonight. It turned out really cute. The highlight of my day was when Missy and my 8 yr old grandson Christien stopped by. Christien brought me a present that he wrapped himself. I just love that! It was an ice cream bowl that has liquid in between that you freeze to keep your ice cream cold -- like those cold mugs. We saw them at the Dollar Tree yesterday and I remarked how cool they were. Christien was so proud that he got that bowl for me. Plus I got a nice card from Missy and from Christien. I was thinking about my mother all day today and really missing her. She was such a pretty lady and I wish I had a picture of her to put on my blog. Unfortunately I don't have many family pictures -- lots of them got destroyed in a wet basement many years ago. My mom was one of those people that could do everything right -- fabulous cook, wonderful seamstress, great gardener. She taught me to sew and I did help her bake some when I was at home. But I could never make pies like she could. Her lemon meringue pie was the best! I was thinking that I don't even have a picture of my mother and I together. That is sad for me. So that makes me more determined to make sure I have lots of pictures of my girls and I together! It's getting late and it's back to work for me tomorrow. It's been a good day and I shall sleep soundly tonight!

1 comment:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

I'm glad you had an excellent day, Kay!