Saturday, October 25, 2008

Beautiful Saturday

This is what I see outside my dining room window today! Lots of sunshine. I love this view. I see it when I'm on the computer. I love the way the tree looks at the corner of the window and the shade from the side fence.

We're going to enjoy our sunshine for the next week because November starts the rainy season in the Western Pacific NW. November, December, and January are the wettest months with only maybe 5 days of sunshine each month - sometimes not at all. But that is what makes it so lovely and green here. I can endure those 3 months knowing that we have Spring much earlier than many parts of the country and our summers are the best! No humidity and no bugs!

Today is my youngest grandson's birthday party. He'll be 10 years old on Monday - too old for my liking. I love "My Little Guy" as I like to call him and I miss him being little. He doesn't like me calling him that anymore. He's getting too old he says!

Steph is still sick so we are off to take her to the doctor for a strep test. Hopefully it is just a virus. She hardly ate at all yesterday and slept most of the day. I don't it like when she's sick.

When we get home this evening I'm going to my room to sew some more zippered bags and herbal pillows. I got the cutest flannel at Joann's for the covers for the pillows. I made these last year. I fill them with flax seed and lavender. You just heat in the microwave for 2 minutes and you have a nice heat pack for sore muscles, for tummy cramps, etc. One of my customers got one last year and wrote to tell me that when her little Yorkie likes to sleep next to the pillow because it's warm!! I like to put mine under the covers to warm my feet.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Fall day!!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi dropped by your blog it's great hope your birthday party goes well
Come visit me sometime Caroline

Claudia said...

I love that view from your window, too. So bright and cheery! We should all share the views from our windows. :)

Love your blog, as always. Keep on keepin' on. :)

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Thanks for sharing the idea of placing the warming pillow on your feet at night.
My feet are always soooo cold in the winter (and the cold makes one of my toes hurt something aweful as it got a bit of frostbite years ago). I generally sleep with a heating pad under my feet however, about half way through the night it gets too hot.

I will certainly make a couple of these for my litte toes this winter.