Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What Are You Doing Today?

My list grows longer by the minute!! But the first thing I'm going to accomplish is to clean my dirty house. I have let it go - I admit it to the whole world. It's not filthy as in one of those shows on TV. I couldn't stand that!! But there are dust bunnies floating around the floors, dust on the furniture, and floors that need scrubbed.

There were days when I was just too "down" to do anything. All I did was sit on the couch and watch TV or sleep. Bad, huh? I've also been making soap like crazy so I haven't been entirely lazy. That's a good thing as my sales have picked up a lot. Such a blessing!!

Now that I've taken myself to task and had an attitude adjustment, it's time to get busy. I still need to get more soap made but today is cleaning day.

Have you ever wanted more than one bathroom?? So did I until I had to clean all of them. We have 2 1/2 baths which equals 3 toilets. I don't like scrubbing 1 toilet much less 3. Kind of makes outhouses look appealing, huh? Just leave the stink outside and no scrubbing involved!!

Bottom line is I really do like to clean once I get started. The best part, as it is with any job, is when you're all done. You can stand back, look at what you did, and enjoy the accomplishment!

Now I'm off to find my cleaning bucket, supplies, and rubber gloves!!! Leave a comment and let me know what you're doing today. Have a great day!

Hugs,
Kay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Kay when you get through there you can come on over here to my house. I ALWAYS have dust.This is the dustiest house I have ever lived in !
Hang in there Kay. My favorite saying is " if God brought me to this , he'll bring me through it" and he will.
And thank you so much for the award. I really don't feel like I really deserve this. You are so sweet to do this.

Paula said...

Hello, Miss Kay.... I am not cleaning toilets today, but I have been cleaning sheep poop out of the barn- so I guess it's kinda on the same level... anyhoo, now that I'm finished with that stinky job, I'm going to shower and start supper. We are supposed to get LOTS of rain tomorrow, so I plan on spending the whole day sewing! Yay!! (no housecleaning for me until Saturday!!)