Friday, February 5, 2010

Tooth Update

My broken molar is now gone!! Since that one was hurting the dentist and I decided it was time for me to part company with the tooth. I will call to get in for an appointment and he will do a root canal on the other broken tooth and then I will have to save to have a crown put on. But at least I will be able to keep the tooth.

I can't begin to tell you what a blessing this dentist visit was today. It was absolutely answered prayer. I walked into the clinic and it was like night and day compared to the other place that I had been. Dentists and hygenists in the area volunteer their time and there is no cost to anyone for any service. I had the most wonderful dentist today. He was so kind and so gentle explaining everything as he went along. As he was putting the needle in my gum the hygenist was standing on the other side patting my shoulder. I looked up once and she had her eyes closed and was praying for me!

Opposite the chair I was sitting in there was a picture hanging on the wall. It had been painted and given to the dentist that runs the clinic. It was a picture of a man in a dentist chair, the dentist working in his mouth and standing beside the dentist was Jesus!! It was just so peaceful and serene and I knew that Jesus was right there in that room.

I am having very little pain tonight. It is sore from where I got the shots but not much pain at all. Thank you all so much for your prayers!!! God was making me be patient in this situation and when I waited on His timing it turned out the best!!!

4 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Kay, I am so happy for you! Praise God for ministries such as this!

Florence said...

Yikes I hate dentist when you are already in pain, let alone when you are not. I think that God was watching over you too. Hugs Florence

Julia said...

Wow! Would love to have that kind of dental experience!

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

What a blessing this ministry must be to your church family! Praising the Lord with you for His provision.
Mrs.B