Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Welcome Emma!


My beautiful granddaughter Emma was born on July 26th!! She is a tiny little thing and only weighed 5 lbs when she was born but she and her mama are doing fine!! She now weighs 5 lbs 11 ozs. Emma is like a breath of fresh air in our family and we have all needed that.

The same day that Emma was born we left for Yakima for 3 days of family therapy at Stephany's treatment facility. I wanted to wait at the hospital to meet my new grandbaby and she waited until 6:17 pm to arrive. I held her for 5 minutes and then left because we had a 4 hour drive ahead of us.

The therapy went very well and Steph's dad and I were able to tell all the things that her use has done to us and to our family. One thing that we learned is that our whole family has been sick - not just her. It was a very helpful 3 days and opened our eyes to many things. Especially that we are not alone in this as the room was filled with 20 other families going through the very same thing. My heart just broke for the families - many were adult patients who had a wife or husband attending as the family member.

Steph graduated from her treatment on August 5th and is now back home. She has had 38 days of sobriety and is doing so well. She attends 3 outpatient groups a week and has been going to AA meetings. That has been her decision and is a huge step in her recovery. There is still a long way for her to go but we take it one day at a time!

9 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

What a beautiful baby. A blessing for sure. You are still in my prayers.;>
★Linda★

Unknown said...

God is good to bring sweet blessings at just the right time. Your granddaughter is just beautiful !

I am praying for you and your family.

Pat

Florence said...

Congratulations Grandma, those babies are so precious. I will continue to pray for Stephanie. Hugs Florence

Cozy Home Cottage said...

What a wonderful blessing and so cute, too. There is just nothing as precious as a new little one to cuddle and love. Congratulations to the whole family and sending hugs to all. Glad to hear good news about Stephany, too. Keep strong, girl and God bless you on your recovery.

Kim said...

I just came across your blog and am so happy for your daughter's sobriety. My mom has been struggling with alcoholism for 16 years and each year seems to get worse.

I ended up taking her to detox last Sunday night, watched them give her a breathalizer. One of the worst things I can remember.

I wish that she would get treatement and help like your daughter did. God bless you and your daughter and I will keep her in my prayers.

Uncovered Ruby said...

Congratulations Grandma!! Emma is precious. Keeping Stephanie and all your family in my prayers, His strength is made perfect in our weakness!

Darlene said...

Little Emma! Adorable! Blessings to you and your family. I know what your are going through and Steph will recover. It seems for every two steps forward there is a step back, but recovery is there.
Hugs and prayers

CJ said...

Congrats again, Grandma Kay!
Emma is sooo beautiful!!
Hugz,
Cathy♥♥

Julia said...

Love babies! Emma looks so sweet, grama looks so proud.

I am glad things are going well for Steph and you all. Life is hard, God is faithful!

Prayers continue my friend!