Friday, September 17, 2010

Back On A Schedule

It has been a busy summer and now is turning into a busy Fall!! Steph is enrolled in school and will start on Monday. She is going to Summit View High School which is an alternative school in the Battle Ground District. We had her orientation last week and I am so impressed with the school!

She goes to school two days a week from 1 to 4 and then the rest of the time is independent study. She has one on one time with each of her teachers for up to an hour. That is exactly what she needs and this will help her get back on track. She has lots of credits to make up but that's ok. At least she wants to go to school now!

Our life has settled into a happy routine and is much more calm now - if that's possible with a teenager in the house. We still take it one day at a time but each day is a blessing. I have been so wrapped up in Stephany for so long that I'm having to learn to do things for me again. I started attending Al Anon and I know that is a start. The soap shelves are totally bare and it's time for me to get busy with that again. It's soon to be bazaar season and I plan on doing several this year. I need to get my creative juices flowing again.

Emma has brought so much joy into our family! I love to go visit and just hold her. There is nothing better than that sweet baby smell. Missy brought her over last Saturday for her first visit to Nana's house and I even got a smile!

Christien started Middle School last week and seems to like it really well. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that he is old enough to be in Middle School!!!

God is so good and so faithful!!! I see His mercy every day when I look into the clear, bright, happy eyes of my daughter!

4 comments:

wenstumped said...

Good to hear that things are working out. All the best to you and everyone else in your family as well. God bless!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Am I missin' somethin' here? I thought for sure you were moving soon!
Glad to hear things are going well....I try to take no thought for tomorrow, for today has enough concerns to keep me busy praying!!!

Unknown said...

I am catching up on your post and everything that you have been through. I am fighting back the tears. Tears for what you and your family has been through, tears for your daughter for having the strength to fight for her life back, tears for you because you are at a place to want to get back to normal ( I miss your soap, lol) and tears for joy of what the Lord has done for your whole family. The sweet new grandbaby. She is just beauiful. And I love her name.

I will be back to see how things are going for everyone there and I will be praying for you all.

Karen said...

Glad to hear rejoicing in how things are going! Can't remember if I told you, but I have a son who I went through such hard times with, think I'm scarred for life over the battle for his life, but it's been 7 1/2 years, he's doing well, raising his own son, has a good job, lives in a nice home. I totally relate to how one lamb can consume your time, but you do make it, and God is so faithful! Last week, we had a pleasant sunny day, I was riding in the car with my husband, windows were down, I just had an overwhelming feeling of joy and love, to the point where I burst out crying, feeling God's love for me, thinking what He's brought me through, thinking how blessed I was to know where my children ALL are, and that they are doing well. He loves us so MUCH! I rambled, but it had to spill out lol. Karen