Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Clean Slate

What is it about the New Year approaching that makes me want to clean and organize??  Is it because it's a clean slate and a fresh start??  I know I am not the only one as I see all the bins, totes and organizing supplies being displayed prominently in the stores right now.

Actually, the cleaning and organizing bug start as soon as Christmas is over and I put away the decorations.  This week's project will be my bedroom/craft closet.  I had a garage sale last summer and had fabric up for sale.  What didn't sell went back in the closet but it's still in the boxes.  Things have been piled on top of the boxes until you can't even see the closet floor.  It is really ugly in there - I will not be sharing pictures.

Do you get the same bug this time of year?  What will you be cleaning and organizing?  Do you have any tips to share?

Hugs,
Kay

2 comments:

Julia said...

Yep! After the Christmas stuff is put up, I want to make all kinds of changes. Re-decorating, sorting, pitching...it just feels good unload what isn't needed, and taking up space.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

It just has to happen here. Not a question of want to or not. . . It HAS to happen. . . and SOON!!!!