Monday, February 4, 2008

Just Been Hanging Around

Sorry I've been MIA for so long! I'm just enjoying my new apartment so much and also have been busy every weekend. Sunday was the first day that I've actually stayed home the whole day since I've moved. I puttered around, found places for some straggling items, and then watched the Super Bowl. Well, I watched it until the 4th quarter and then I fell asleep on the couch! I woke up just in time to see the presentation of the trophy. And from the sports reports the 4th quarter was the best! Oh well -- I'm not really a football fan anyway. Just watched for the commercials.

I wasn't even all that impressed with the commercials either. There was so much hype about the whole Super Bowl that it really was kind of a let down to me.

I have one last box to unpack - the hutch - and then I'm done with boxes. That one is in the corner and I just keep forgetting it. There is also a small pile in the corner of my bedroom that I've got to sort out and put things away. The problem is the closets are full! Guess I'll be doing some rearranging to make things fit.

I'm dying to make some soap and hope to get that done this weekend. I worked on an herbal salve recipe yesterday. I infused olive and apricot kernel oil with calendula and lavender. Then added cocoa butter, beeswax, and lavender chamomile essential oil. It turned out really nice and smells so good. I'm still playing guinea pig for a few days before I put the salve in my Etsy shop. But so far I love it. Very soft and moisturizing without feeling greasy. This is going to be a great salve for hands, feet, and all over.

Better scoot off to bed. Tomorrow is another work day. Sweet dreams!

No comments: