Saturday, July 11, 2009

Checking In

It's been a great week but a busy one! I'm sure glad that the weather cooled off. We had overcast skies most every morning last week and then sun in the afternoon - my favorite kind of days!

School is going great. I'm actually remembering medical terms! I have lots of flashcards and just go over and over them every day.

Steph starts her first job on Monday - picking blueberries. She's excited about it. My friend Kim's son will be picking too. I don't think they realize what a tedious job it's going to be but it will be good for both of them. The picking will last for about 3 weeks so Steph will have some decent money to put towards school clothes and savings.

Sophie is doing great - growing every day and cuter than ever! I think she's finally completely litter trained but as soon as I say that we'll have an accident. She loves to play and we all laugh when she gets into an attack position and then dives for our feet. She thinks she's a big attack cat but she's so tiny that it's hilarious to watch her. She's also a snuggler and loves to take her naps in your lap.

I went to Kim's house tonight and I think we finally got her Singer embroidery machine figured out. That model of machine has a very sensitive thread guide and we kept getting error messages when we'd try to use it. I read on a forum how others have to floss the thread into the machine and it worked! We did 2 practice designs with no problems. Now that we've got that figured out we'll just keep practicing. I can't wait to scan designs into the program. I've got some really cool vintage designs that I want to try out.

Tomorrow we're celebrating my oldest daughter's 39th birthday. I can't believe that I'm old enough to have a daughter almost 40!!! Seems like yesterday she was just a little girl. The years go by too quickly.

Hope you all have a blessed Lord's day and a wonderful week next week!

Hugs,
Kay

2 comments:

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

It sounds like things are coming together for you Kay. I'm so glad. Your little Sophie will be so much fun. She's cute. I hope your school goes well for you.
Laura

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Kay , I wanted to thank you for the prayers dear .