Friday, July 3, 2009

Sophie and More


Just had to post a new picture of Sophie. This was taken last night - she's sitting in Steph's hand. She's doing so good! Weighs 1 lb 4 oz now, is almost totally litter trained, and is eating dry kitten food. She just looks so healthy - her coat is shiny, eyes bright, and she plays all the time. But the best part is that she is just such a lover - anyone that is near will get loves from Sophie. We are all just crazy about her.

School is going great! I had class on Monday and Wednesday. Love both of my professors and have made some friends already. One lady recognized my name from the online computer class last quarter so we sat together. In medical terminology our professor had each person tell a little about themselves. I would say that at least 50% of the class is age 45 and up, most have gotten laid off from jobs, and are training for a new career. I don't feel like such a fish out of water!

There is going to be a lot of work with medical terminology but I think it's going to be fun. I was a great speller in school, loved English grammar, loved to diagram sentences, etc. This is a lot like that. I have about 100 flashcards made up already and am working on more tonight. Steph will get to help me study!

It has been so hot here the past couple of days. I've basically stayed inside in the air conditioning. This morning we all got up and got the upstairs cleaned. Everyone pitched in and the whole thing was done in an hour. Tomorrow will be the downstairs and then we're going to relax the rest of the day. I'm making beans and potato salad then we'll cook hot dogs on the grill later. Steph is gone to a friend's so it will be quiet (well except for the fireworks). That's ok because I have homework to do. Even though it's loud I just love the 4th! Red, white, and blue is so cheery and it's so wonderful to live in a country where we are free!!!

Have a safe and happy 4th of July!!!!!

Hugs,
Kay

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Sophie is so adorable! I remember when Ruby was that small. And now she gets on top of me in bed and I can hardly breathe! LOL

You seem to love school the way I do. How I wish I could go back, too. I wish you all the best! :)

Pink Princess said...

Sophie is adorable!! My Pinky purrs HI to Sophie. She (Pinky) is now just a little over 2 months old and cute as a button too.

Wishing you all the best at school!!

Hus and a head rub from Pinky and Marian ♥♥

mrsmorris said...

Cutest kitten evah! Can't believe I haven't met her yet. She is gorgeous.