Thursday, August 6, 2009

When It Rains

Grandma is doing much better! Steph and I spent the morning with her on Tuesday. When we arrived the physical therapist was getting Grandma up in a chair for a bit. We stayed until she had her lunch and then left. I could tell she was worn out and needed a nap! She may be going to the rehab facility tomorrow if her blood counts stay up.

About 6 yesterday evening I got a call from my mother-in-law. She and Don (the FIL) had been in a car accident! They were on the way to the hospital to see Grandma when their car tangled with another at an intersection. MIL was calling to tell me they were being transported by ambulance to the hospital - not the same one as Grandma unfortunately.

We hopped in the car and got to the hospital about the same time they did. Several x-rays and some CT scans later, we were able to take them home. They both had bruises from the seat belts but were otherwise ok. By the time we got home it was midnight.

This morning I got a phone call from the doctor I was to interview with. She had to postpone our appointment again! I am supposed to meet with her Thursday at 1:45 - the way things have been going I'm not going to hold my breath!

Enough of hospitals and enough of postponed appointments! At least the weather is blissfully cool.

1 comment: