Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Exfoliating

I found the coolest facial scrub today and just had to share. My skin has always been normal to dry but now that I'm of a "certain age" it's even drier. I knew that I needed to exfoliate to get rid of the flaky skin so that the moisturizer could do its work. It's hard to find something for dry, delicate skin that doesn't feel like sandpaper! I was at Walgreen's today and found this St. Ives product - Elements Olive Scrub. It's made with olive oil and jojoba spheres so it's very gentle. I used it earlier tonight and it feels so nice, smells great, and now my skin is nice and smooth. After I used the scrub I put a little bit of rice bran oil on my damp skin. My skin feels so much better!

A quick tip for soft smooth hands - sprinkle a small amount of salt or sugar in your hand, add some olive oil or vegetable oil (whatever you have one hand but I prefer olive), rub your hands together to work the salt/sugar and oil over your skin. Make sure to get between your fingers and work gently around your cuticles. Rinse with warm water, wash with a mild soap, and add lotion or cream. Your hands will be nice and smooth.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for the tips! Believe it or not, I have been wondering what would be a good exfoliate. At this time of year facial skin can be tricky! And the hand tip sounds great. Will try it as well!

Have a great day!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I love things like this... thanks for sharing the wonderful tips! blessings, Kathleen