Friday, July 25, 2008

I've Been Tagged Again!

Debra at Sparrowgrass tagged me! Pop on over and visit her blog - it's lovely! Now to come up with six random and slightly interesting things about myself.

1. When I was little I had a cocker spaniel named Penny. My sister and I used to dress her up in doll clothes and push her around in a doll carriage.

2. I was always forming some type of club or business when I was a child. It ranged from a lemonade stand on the corner to the No Boys Allowed Club. Of course, I was always the boss - went along with my bossy nature. Guess much hasn't changed in all these years except I try to be less bossy.

3. From 2nd grade to 5th grade I lived in Scottville, IL - population 200! My dad was the local blacksmith and my mom ran her own restaurant.

4. I am always doing some kind of craft or thinking about doing one. It's hard for me to sit still for very long or to keep my mind from thinking up new creative things. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's not.

5. Lists, I live by lists. My friend Kim says it gives her comfort and pleasure to come to my house and look on the counter to read the latest list. Some days the list gets completed and other days it just gets transferred to the next day.

6. My first name is Melva - names after my dad Melvin. I'm not especially fond of the name and wonder what my parents were thinking. The only person that uses my first name (and has my persmission to) is my older brother.

Rules:

Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write 6 random things about yourself.
Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Here's who I'm tagging:

Kim at Mrs. Morris Art
Dalyn at Muckbook and Aprons
Darlene at Stover Lane
KKJD at Farmgirl in GA Style
Carol at Fifi Banjello
Katy at Country Blossom

4 comments:

Katy said...

Thanks for tagging me! I think I have done this meme before....but I will maybe do it again sometime soon! :)

Thanks so much for your lovely comment Kay! I hope you are having a wonderful week!

Darlene said...

Hi Kay :)

So glad you are back! This will take some thinking on my part..which reminds me...I never did Nancie's tag. I know! I'll combine them...now to get my thinking cap on to see if I can find anything at all interesting about myself, LOL.

God bless, my friend!

Debra said...

Dear Kay,
I was amazed to read your 6 things, as I thought I was reading some of my own! A pet named Penny, being bossy, always doing something crafty, lists (that one wasn't on my 6 things, but I sure do live by lists!)
Thanks for playing tag! I love reading your blog. Hope you are settled in by now. Love, Debra

Paula said...

This was so cute, Kay!
I can see you as a little girl bossing everybody around! *giggle snort*