Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Where is God?

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”- Joshua 1:9

This is the verse of the day on Bible Gateway.com - so appropriate anytime, but especially for the hard times that we are all living in right now.

It is so easy to get discouraged. We listen to the news or read the paper with all the gloom and doom. Maybe you've recently experienced a broken marriage. Maybe you have a child who has strayed from the Lord. Maybe you're down to the last $5 in your pocket. Maybe there's no food to feed your family and you wonder what you're going to do. Sometimes we wonder if there is any hope!

In these hard times it can feel like God is far away. It can feel like He is not hearing our prayers. When I have times like this I remember something I read a long time ago. "God doesn't move away, we do." Then I remember that maybe I haven't been spending as much quiet time with the Lord as I should, I'm not reading my Bible, and I'm not praying as much. I have to move back to God. He is always there waiting for His child to come back and spend time with Him.

There is hope!! The verse says it all!! God is ALWAYS with us!! Cling to that hope and we will all get through these trying times!! God loves you and will never leave you!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been in a real lonley place and I have always had a very fruitful and spirit filled walk. But lately I have been in the wilderness. No matter how much I pray, fast or read. I just feel dry. I needed this reminder!

Pink Princess said...

AMEN!!!!!

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful post. I needed that so much today - I'm so glad He led me to your site to read it. Blessings to you, Cathy

Princess S said...

You know that's right Sister!!!!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Kay! When you came over to my blog and saw the little sink, did you look close at the soaps?! They are the ones I bought from you for the Breast Cancer donation you gave for the sell. It was on your eBay store last year. I love them and they still smell so good! That make the little antique sink extra special! Thanks Kay!

Hugs,
Maryjane

P.S. I have to very dear friends in my hometown that have breat cancer and under-going kemo. Today I spent the whole day with one of them picking out wigs. I even bought one! xox

Claudia said...

I've been teaching a class of 5th graders at my church one day a week and working with the kids has forced me to go deep inside and see where God is and see the miracles all around me and the children. When I start to feel down, I just sit and put a class schedule together and it makes me SEE again. :D

Paula said...

Wonderful words, Miss Kay!! Thanks so much for sharing your heart- I needed this today!

KathyB. said...

Sometimes it is so hard for us to look past the present, isn't it? Yet when I look back in my life, or history for that matter, I can see God's working out of everything....and remind myself Hi IS the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Thank-you for the beautiful post.