Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Waiting for the Transition

It's 2:45 AM and I can't sleep. I went to bed at midnight which is about my normal time. Then an hour later I wake up hot and kicking the covers. I seldom have a hot flash during the day but I sure would love to not have them at night. They aren't as bad as they used to be but I sure wish they'd go away entirely.

I don't sleep well and never have. Like my friend Kim says - it takes an act of congress for me to fall asleep. The covers have to be just right, the room has to be almost cold, and I have to have my fan running. I remember the days when I could get 8 hours straight and feel like a new woman. Then it was down to 6 hours and now I'm excited when I get 4 hours sleep at one time. My usual nightly routine is go to bed, sleep for 2 hours, get up for 2 hours, and then go back to bed for 4 hours. No wonder I need a nap every day.

I wonder when the transition will come. The transition of freezing everyone to death because you can't stand the heat on to the one where you're an old lady that runs the heat on 80. The transition when my kids and grandkids will come over and say after they leave "Nana had her house so hot I could hardly stand it." At this moment in time I wish it was now!

2 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I'm laughing, Kay! I'm sleeping with frozen ice packs! The medication I'm on brought back the night sweats! it's horrible!
Cora

Cozy Home Cottage said...

I'm with you, girl. I think we are both on the very same page in the book of life. Send me an email if you ever want to just "vent" :o)
Charlotte