Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Gardener Guy Has Been Cancelled From HGTV

It's true!! HGTV has finally gotten rid of the very last gardening show left on their channel. Paul James, The Gardener Guy has been cancelled. You can read about it here.

I loved that channel when it first came on the air and for many years after. The gardening and craft shows were my favorites. I've barely watched for a couple of years now. I love to decorate as well as the next person but you need a little variety! After all the channel is called Home and GARDEN TV!

It's a sad day in the Butler house!

4 comments:

Cozy Home Cottage said...

Sadly, the channel has been completely taken over by designers and real estate people. I agree with you that I miss the old shows, they were more homey and down to earth. We might have to start our own new channel. That'll show 'em!

CathyJean said...

That is sad! :(
Is there anything worthwhile to watch on TV? and at the price of cable?

Renna said...

I used to love HGTV. I learned so many neat crafts on that station, as well as about gardening. Like you, I also lost interest when it got to the point that everytime I turned onto the channel, it was yet another decorating show.

Even though I hadn't watched Paul James' show in some time, I always did really like him, and his quirkiness.

Kathy said...

I have noticed over the years there are less and less actual craft shows as well. The makeovers they do are not for this frugal family!

It has truly changed!