Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dentist Update

I got in to see a dentist this morning - same one I saw about 2 years ago to have a tooth pulled. I had to pay upfront for the office visit, had an x-ray, and saw the dentist for about 2 minutes. The verdict was what I expected - root canal and crown for $1800 or pull the tooth for $200.

I immediately started crying in the dentist chair and felt like an idiot. They have no payment options (99% of dentists in this area don't) but I can apply for a no interest payment option through a third party company. I am applying for the payment option. If I can make payments then I will get the tooth fixed. If not, then I have no choice but to pull the tooth. I am trusting the Lord in this decision and I will be ok with whatever He wants me to do. I will let you know the outcome.

Thank you all for the kind notes and the prayers. They mean the world to me!!!

5 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Kay....have you contacted your church? Sometimes they can help when there is no alternative. I would definitely try.
xoxo,
Cindy

Florence said...

Good luck finding your solution to the dental issue. You are in my prayers. Hugs Florence

Unknown said...

Praying for you. I agree about going to your church. At our church we have helped many of our members with anything from dental bills, rent, clothes, car repairs... You never know who might want to be a blessing to someone but don't know who is in need.

Keep us posted.

Pat

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Good morning..
I just had the same experience. I opted to have the "teeth" pulled..and now I am trying to get used to wearing a partial plate and I am miserable! I have a partial both upper and lower and I say you are wise to save your teeth no matter what.
I was encouraged to have implants but each tooth was nearly $2000. Thus I lost my teeth.
Good luck to you. Do all you can to save them.
I didn't want to go to our church as I feel there are others in much worse situations. People losing their homes with children, life threatening illnesses, etc.
Besides I am an older woman...my time of pride in my looks can be put aside...not so you.
Take care.. :) Save those teeth!
Mona

Pankaj Malhotra said...

Well theres another option....
Am a dentist in India and i figured out the cost...
In that much of cost you can very easily come to and fro get your teeth fixed and also roam about a little...
all at the same cost...
Do think about it and if you want refer someone to do the same..
Dr. Pankaj Malhotra
www.dentalclinicnoida.in
www.dentalcareonline.blogspot.com