Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Night

I'm going to be working the rest of this week and three days next week. God is blessing with extra time and money just when I need it to help out at Christmas.

It was a very busy weekend as I was finishing up items to ship out today. But everything got done and taken to the post office. The treasures are on their way to places across the US to brighten someone's Christmas. Sometimes I wish I could be on the other end when the package arrives or the gift is given. I get so much joy from the things that I make and I'd like to see the joy that those things give others. I guess that's why I do what I do - for the joy!

When I used to make purses I would pray over every one as I was sewing it. I would ask the Lord's blessings on the person that would receive that purse. Since I don't make purses much anymore I'll have to start praying over bars of soap and bottles of lotion!

I'm getting excited about Christmas. I'm going to start baking this week - that's one of my favorite Christmas things to do. I've got a few last minute crafts to get done and gifts to purchase. I usually knit dishcloths but didn't have time for that this year. Guess I'll have to start knitting after Christmas and give them for Valentine's Day!!!


Hugs,
Kay

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Kay, you are one busy praying gal!
Sounds like you have been blessed with many orders. There's nothing more satisfying than finding a market for our creations! Keep enjoying yourself!
Debbie

Unknown said...

Kay,

I am thankful that the Lord is blessing you at this time. It is wonderful to hear about it.

Haave fun baking this week-end. I need to get started on my baking also.

Pat

Paula said...

Oh Kay- I'm so glad God is blessing you so much right now!! I think that is so sweet that you prayed over the purses... I used to do that too when I would make a little doll or a gift for a child- I always thought someone would think I was silly for doing that, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Hugs to you today!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Praise God for the job and the extra hours. He is good always, isn't he? Eventually I WILL post a photo of my soaps, but mine are a bit rough around the edges if you know what I mean! Yours are so beautiful to look at, and mine are just, well, chunks of soap!!! I am slightly embarrassed by them, tho they smell good!

Florence said...

Your craft items are totally blessed just by your thoughts, always know that. Hugs Florence

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Oh dear...
I should be doing all those wonderful things..or at LEAST some of them. I have gotten so lazy since I retired! Ok..I will make some fudge and some potato candy. How's that? :)