Monday, July 2, 2007

Beautiful Summer Day

What a gorgeous summer day today! Got up this AM to a warm morning with just a hint of a breeze. I played around with the flowers on my front porch for a while -- deadheaded, watered and fertilized them. I planted red geraniums, white verbena, and blue lobelia this year for a patriotic porch! This is an old enamelware canning kettle that I got at an estate sale last year. I was going to use it when canning but it's too big to fit on my stove. So it went to the shed for the winter. When I was getting ready to plant I found it, drilled holes in the bottom and it was ready for my pretty flowers. Hung a load of towels on the line then went into town for a while. I got a couple of basil plants, cucumber starts, and two tomato plants. This weekend the little garden area in the back will get planted. I wasn't going to plant anything this year but the warm weather and sunshine made me decide differently. Plus there's nothing better than fresh basil and pasta!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Happy 4th
Love the RedWhite and Blue!
Lobelia has to be one of my all time favs. So delicate and so true blue!

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Lovely, Kay, just lovely. I love the window frame, too.... I have some laying around. I should use them!

Tina Leavy said...

that pot of flowers is just so adorable..what a terrific use for that pot, especially if you can't use it in the kitchen..looks like it worked perfectly as a planter. aren't we farmgirls just full of clever ideas:0)